Advertising
High Tatras High Tatras High Tatras



Hiking, Trip to surroundings
Around Aš

Length: 15,7 km
Dificulty: medium
Circle: YES, Marking: marked

The trip starts on the Aš square and leads by the blue track North to the Háj seeing tower through an area called Pod Hájem to the ruin of the castle in Podhradí where it changes to the green track and continues through the valley of Bílý Halštrov stream to Dolní Paseky. Then along the stream to the village of Vranéřov where it turns left and along the car road and cyclist track 2060 goes back to Aš.

  Back

   Hiking, Trip to surroundings - Around Aš
See the map

 Dist.   Location   Elevation   Marking   Description 
 0,0 
 Aš 
 640 m n.m.        
 2,2 
 Háj - Bismarck seeing tower 
 757 m n.m.         
 3,1 
 Pod Hájem 
 704 m n.m.        
 5,7 
 Podhradí 
 560 m n.m.         
 7,3 
 Bílý Halštrov přehrada 
 539 m n.m.         
 9,6 
 Dolní Paseky 
 555 m n.m.         
 11,4 
 Vernéřov 
 600 m n.m.        
 15,7 
 Aš 
 640 m n.m.        


 Aš – There are many sights in the town such as the town hall, museum (original collection of 25 000 pairs of gloves),… The stone Conciliation crosses are among the oldest monuments. The only statue of the reformer Luther in the Czech Republic is also located in Aš. There is also a stone seeing tower on the hill of Háj
 Háj – Bismarck seeing tower – A 36 meters high dominant of the city panorama with a circuit view.
 Bílý Halštrov – A 7ha big water tank of Bílý Halštrov is now used for firefighting, keeping of fish, recreation and a small water power station.
 Dolní Paseky – This village was one of the first inhabited parts of the Aš area. There are only some remains of the original settlement but number 73, 45 and 13 are worth to see. There is also a mildly radioactive stream in the village it is located nearby the place where the green and yellow tourist tracks meet. The spring has been mentioned since 12th century. In 16 century it was considered therapeutic. It is freely accessible.
 Vernéřov – There is a spring located above the pond which was changed into a Peters’s spring in 1912 by a local business man Gustav Geipel.
 Podhradí – A village with a ruin of an early gothic castle Neuberg from 13th century. In 17th century a renaissance chateau was built around the castle. The exact look of it is not known because it was changed in the end of 17th century and destroyed by a fire in 1902 after which it was deserted and gradually became a ruin. There is a very nice church in Podhradí which is one of the oldest evangelic churches in our country.

Hiking, Trip to surroundings - Around Aš


Photos of the route




Back

  Accommodation Kraslice
  Accommodation Stříbrná
  Accommodation Bublava
  Accommodation Ore Mountains
Catalogue of accommodation
 
TOPlist